For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Galataians 3:26
Children’s Sunday School for children 4 years old (as of August 31st) through 5th grade is held between first and second service, on the 3rd floor above the gym.
Children’s Ministry at NCF wants to help kids know Jesus and then help them reflect Him in everything they do. Kids will learn about Jesus’ life by looking into the Bible, they will hear the Good News of Salvation, practice reconciliation, have opportunities to reach out and touch the lives of other people at home and abroad, and become part of the Church Body.
God has given Christian parents a responsibility to nurture their children in faith. That’s why it is important to have a plan for the education of each child in God’s covenant family. Here at NCF, we use the PCA’s Sunday School curriculum called “SHOW ME JESUS,” Sonship for Kids, and our own blended curriculum. Scripture is God’s unfolding story of salvation and Jesus is its focus. We strive to show how Jesus Christ, reflected on every page of the Bible, came to seek and save the lost, to be a father to the orphan and a caregiver to the widow.
Our mission is to help kids become part of the church body, learn about Jesus and His Good News of salvation, practice reconciliation in kid-friendly ways, and serve others at home and abroad. We strive to reach these goals in all of our kid-related activities whether it be on Sunday mornings or some other time during the week. So, if you want your kids to experience all of God’s goodness on a Sunday morning in a body of sinful believers, join us at New City Fellowship!
How You Can Be Involved:
There are many ways to be involved with Children’s Ministry at New City Fellowship. Our needs range from teaching and helping positions, to writing cards to visiting families, to organizing supplies, to donating materials like crayons and glue sticks. If the Lord is calling you to work with children, then trust that He has already equipped you to do so and that all you need to do is to step out in faith.
For more information or to volunteer, contact:
Children’s Ministry Resources
- The Kidologist – a leading Internet service for those who minister to children
- International Network of Children’s Ministers – an organization for training and resourcing Christian leaders ministering to children
- Cold Water Cafe – Informational web site for children’s pastors
- Presbyterian Church in America – PCA denomination’s home web site
- Christian Education & Publications – PCA bookstore/curriculum
- Great Commission Publications – Christian resource organization
- Children’s Ministry Magazine – Magazine dealing with current issues teachers face
- Children’s Ministry International – tools for Sunday School teachers, Children’s Worship leaders, etc.
- Center for Parent/Youth Understanding – nonprofit organization committed to building strong families by serving to bridge the cultural-generational gap between parents and teenagers